I’ve quit smoking. Because
- It’s a filthy habit
- To be able to breathe
- Cos Doc’s extremely anti-smoking and I want him
- My sis hates it
- I think it’s causing a rift between the old folks and me
- I wish I could write that it’s an expensive habit but in Asia in ain’t
- It’s smelly
- Of the bronchitis I seem to get every two months
- OK so it’s mainly about Doc but since I think that he actually is the one, it’s a good thing.
I wrote this for Day 1:
It’s hard. I don’t physically need a smoke but a certainly desire one. I think about the feel of the smoke entering my lungs, the quick hit, the hunger that is never satisfied. I’ve given it up – the exquisite and unsatisfying pleasure. I wonder if here is the best place for this effort. There is a dearth of pleasure here.
A little dramatic to be sure but I do have a flair for that.